Field Trip Reminder - Fri., 5/31
Let’s Get Ready for the Santa Barbara Zoo!
Things you should know:
- Below is the law regarding booster seats. Please bring your child’s booster seat with their name on it so we can put it in the appropriate vehicle. Please note that all students must have booster seats when going on field trips.
- Current California Law:
- N/A to MATES students: Children under 2 years of age shall ride in a rear-facing car seat unless the child weighs 40 or more pounds OR is 40 or more inches tall. The child shall be secured in a manner that complies with the height and weight limits specified by the manufacturer of the car seat.
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat.
- Children who are 8 years of age OR have reached 4’9” in height must be secured by a safety belt.”
- Make sure your child is wearing the official “MATES field trip uniform” – blue collar shirt & black skorts, shorts or pants (no basketball shorts)
- Be sure to bring a lunch with your child’s name on it. Pack a snack as well. Students will eat their snack when they first get to the zoo. We will eat lunch on the grass so parent chaperones can bring a blanket. Also, rolling coolers would be great! The birds at the zoo love to get into student lunches, so coolers help keep food safe.
- The weather is often cool and foggy in the morning and then warms up in the afternoon. Have your child bring a light jacket, comfortable walking shoes and protect their skin with sunscreen lotion. Hats are also encouraged.