Dress Code Guidelines
In an effort to help create a safe and orderly environment conducive to learning, MATES has established a mandatory Dress Code Policy along with these Dress Code Guidelines. Student attire has a direct effect upon the educational environment and a student’s ability to function at the optimum level in the classroom. The learning environment is enhanced when social differences are minimized. These Dress Code Guidelines are designed to permit students to focus their attention on academics and on the aspects of their personality that are truly important rather than on their attire while at school.
General Dress Code – Students must wear the appropriate Dress Code attire, as described below, each school day and must be neat, clean and well groomed at all times.
All MATES students must comply with the Dress Code and Dress Code Guidelines for daily school outings.
For all School outings all students must comply with the Dress Code Guidelines as designated by MATES administration. Plain/solid black or white sweatshirts or sweaters are acceptable outerwear. Heavy jackets or rain gear of any color are acceptable when necessary. Additional dress code combinations are acceptable for all other regular school days, as further described below.
Spirit wear (alternate, non-required, logo wear is available for purchase through the MATES Student Store) may only be worn on Spirit Days. Spirit Days and Free Dress Days are at the discretion of the school administration and announced as they arise. Student participation in Spirit Days and Free Dress Days are completely optional; however, a student must dress in accordance with the Dress Code if not participating in Spirit Days.
Dress Code Guidelines (Non-School Outing Days)*
All clothing pieces identified below must be plain/solid without any visible designer logos (i.e., Nike, Under Armour, Ralph Laruen, etc.) or with the optional MATES logo (available for tops and outerwear) and either white, black, royal blue, or khaki or plaid as designated below in order to comply with the Dress Code.
General Clothing Pieces**
· Plain/solid short or long sleeve polo (white, black, or royal blue)
· Plain/solid short or long sleeve crew neck t-shirt(white, black, or royal blue)
· Plain/solid flat front pants (black or khaki)
· Plain/solid Flat front capris (black or khaki)
· Plain/solid flat front shorts (black or khaki)
· Plain/solid Basketball shorts (black)
· Plain/solid skort (black or khaki)
· Mayfair (royal blue/black/yellow) Plaid skort
· Plain/solid zip-up hooded sweatshirt (white, black or royal blue)
· Plain/solid pull-over hooded sweatshirt (white, black or royal blue)
· Plain/solid hooded microfiber jacket (black or royal blue)
· Plain/solid hooded zip cardigan (white, black or royal blue)
· Heavy coats or rain gear of any color are acceptable when necessary
*For your convenience, parents/guardians may opt to purchase dress code appropriate tops and/or bottoms from any local retailer (i.e., J.C. Penney, Target, Old Navy, Land’s End, etc.) that are plain/solid without any designer logos (i.e., Nike, Under Armour, Ralph Lauren, etc.) and either white, black, royal blue, or khaki or plaid, as identified above, in order to comply with the MATES Dress Code Guidelines. Parents/Guardians also have the option to purchase MATES logo tops, outerwear, and basketball shorts as described below.
**Optional MATES Logo tops, bottoms, and outerwear are available for purchase from Dennis Uniforms. Parents/Guardians may order online at Dennis Uniforms
20920 Victory Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA 91367
National Customer Service (800) 854-6951